[Android] Video player options (was: Video advanced options Dialog)

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Sat Jan 10 18:48:14 CET 2015

On 2015-01-10 06:45, Geoffrey Métais <geoffrey.metais at gmail.com> wrote:
> We agreed in late October for this format.
>
> This is a first draft, we will add more options, like chapters,
> audio/spu sync, video filters...
> What do you mean when you write "does not display properly"?

As continued from the discussion on IRC, some points which were brought
up included the intrusiveness of the dialog.

According to Geoffrey, more options including audio/spu sync, video
filters, audio filters, chapter selection are to be added, so more space
will be necessary than the previous structure allowed.

Additional nested menus were proposed but complaints included that it
was "too complicated".

I would propose a panel-like structure. See the attachments for very
rough sketches on how this might be done. This way (especially on larger
screens like tablets) playback isn't completely obstructed like it is
now, and there is a connection with what the menu/options button is
supposed to be doing.

On landscape it would occupy a vertical column and on portrait it will
occupy a horizontal row as to not obstruct the video.

Overall, we gain more space for all options while having a connection to
the menu/options button and not being overly obstructive.

Regards,
Edward