[Android] Build vlc for Android

pankaj bansal pankaj.bansal.jiit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:24:34 CET 2015

Hi

Sorry for the big massage

I am trying to compile vlc for android in RHEL 6.4 (Santiago). I am
following the instructions given in this page
https://wiki.videolan.org/AndroidCompile. I am getting some errors.

First is when I build this, I get error in git.

error: unknown switch `B'. refer http://txt.do/6tjh for log

I changed the  git checkout -B android ${TESTED_HASH} to  git checkout -b
android ${TESTED_HASH}. Then this error does not come

Then when I run sh compile.sh, I get following errors (refer
http://tny.cz/bb552912 I have removed some part of log which had code to
download packages like automake, protobuf, ragel etc)

rmdir: failed to remove
/root/Documents/android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/include/freetype2/freetype/config':
No such file or directory

make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)

rmdir: failed to remove
`/root/Documents/android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/include/freetype2/freetype':
No such file or directory
make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)

Then if I again run sh compile.sh, weird things happen. I don't get this
error again, but it builds some library and then stops.

First it build libdvdcss and then stops (refer http://tny.cz/5f3ab58f)
It ends like

Libraries have been installed in:
   /root/Documents/android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR' flag during
linking and do at least one of the following:

   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable during
execution

   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/Documents/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/dvdcss'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/Documents/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/dvdcss'
touch .dvdcss

Then each time I run "sh compile.sh" it build one more library and then
stops.
it has build following libraries

1. libopenjpeg  (http://tny.cz/86236e8b)
2. libgpg-error   http://tny.cz/26c5626b)
3. ffmpeg         (http://tny.cz/1f05aa0f)
4. gmp
5. libgcrypt
6. iconv
7. nettle
8. libjpeg

Finally I get an following error and I am not able to do any after that (
http://tny.cz/ed7798ea)

autopoint: * The AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION declaration in your
configure.ac
file requires the infrastructure from gettext-0.18 but this
version               is older. Please upgrade to gettext-0.18 or newer.

autopoint: * Stop.

autoreconf: autopoint failed with exit status: 1

configure.in:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

      See the Autoconf documentation.

autoreconf:
/root/Documents/android/android/vlc/extras/tools/build/bin/autoconf failed
with exit status: 1
make: *[.ogg] Error 1

I am not able to find gettext package with version > .18 for RHEL 6.4.
Maximum available is .17 which is installed

1. Is not this weird. Should not doing "sh compile.sh" build all libraries
and I should not have to do this again and again.
2. Also Is RHEL 6.4 (Santiago) compatible for building vlc android
2. Any help for these errors

Regards
Pankaj Bansal