[Android] Build VLC for Android

pankaj bansal pankaj.bansal.jiit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:11:31 CET 2015

Hi

I tried Ubuntu 14.10,  but the behaviour is absolutely similar to Ubuntu
14.04
It could not find protobuf, So I installed from as earlier

Line 44196 in log file : I got the same error
io-sim.c:128:1: error: static declaration of 'sincos' follows non-static
declaration
 sincos    (double   x,
 ^
Makefile:745: recipe for target 'io-sim.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [io-sim.lo] Error 1

*It looks like it already has sincos function, So I commented the function
sincos in io-sim.c file*
#ifndef HAVE_SINCOS

/* This is a GNU extension. */
/*_vbi_inline void
sincos (double x,
 double * sinx,
 double * cosx)
{
*sinx = sin (x);
*cosx = cos (x);
}
*/
#endif

*Looks like it is able to get sincos from somewhere else and HAVE_SINCOS is
not defined there. *
*I am able to compile my code now and apk is generated*

*I am not able play anything by installing this apk. If I try to play local
videos, the app crashes instantaneously. If I try to play rtsp or http
stream, it does not do anything*
*Am I doing anything wrong ?*

Regards
Pankaj Bansal