[Android] How to get back to top level menus etc.?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Aug 17 14:16:22 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 09:38:21AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 06:26:35PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> > I am running VLC 2.0.6 on an Android 4.0.4 tablet.
> >
> > Having got to the 'Local Network' list how do I get back to anywhere
> > else (e.g. select local files)?  I can't get anything except the
> > 'Local Network' screen or music selected from it.
> >
> > Along the top of the screen from right to left there are:-
> >
> >  Three vertical dots - tapping this gets me 'refresh' and 'equalize'
> >  A search icon - I can't get this to find anything but that's a minor issue
> >  The text "Local Network"
> >  Three horizontal bars - tapping this does nothing, should this get me somewhere useful?
> >
> OK, it's broken on this particular tablet (running 4.0.4).  I've
> installed on another Android device (running 5.1) and the left hand
> icon brings up the 'left pane'.

... and further if I turn the tablet so I'm using it upside down the
three bars icon *does* work.  I've not noticed this problem with other
software on this tablet so the VLC three bar icon must just be further
into the corner or something.

Oh well, not your problem I suspect, sorry for the noise.

--
Chris Green