[Android] Re-New: How to specify NFS share for VLC on Android?

Benjamin Hagemann benny at benny.de
Sat Jul 15 16:54:58 CEST 2017

Hello,

sorry for delay - that setup (nfs server and android tablet) is at my parents...

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 01:56:46PM +0000, Geoffrey Métais wrote:

> Did you try with current beta release (2.1.11)?
> You can register here if you didn't:
> https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.videolan.vlc

thank you for this advice. I have installed VLC 2.1.3 today.

The local networks scan find smb and sftp by system2, but not my nfs share by stem1.

When I choose "mediaadress open" (Medienadresse öffnen) and goto
"nfs://$IP1" I got the message:
"location nfs://$IP1/$nfs-path1 nfs://$IP1/$nfs-path2 can not played"
(Ort nfs:... kann nicht abgespielt werden).

So VLC really discovers the exported nfs path1 and path2 by system1!
The nfs export by system1 is for the subnet allowed and system2 can
use the nfs shares by stystem1.

Can I help with further informations?

Thank you very much.

--