[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Mon Nov 9 23:19:19 CET 2009

Christophe Massiot wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009, Thomas Kernen wrote:
>
>> I've taken patch 5 and changed the values from 15msec to 100msec and yes
>> this really does help! With the KNC1 I was able to tune to the other
>> DiSEqC positions just fine.
>
> This is good news.
>
>> With the TT-3200 I'm still getting mixed results, even with 200msec. On
>> some frequencies I'm not tuning to the correct transponder.
>>
>> Ex: Hotbird 13.0E 11054.00 H will land me on 11411.00 H. If I tune to
>> 11411.00 H I end up on 10892.00 H
>
> It's total madness; there is no known transformation that would lead
> to such results. That would mean that the oscillator of the card is not
> correctly configured.
>
> I would be curious to know if it still happens without the S2API. Can
> you replace the '#if DVB_API_VERSION >= 5' lines with '#if 0' and see
> what happens ?

After being offline for some time, upgrading the Linux distro and
kernel, pulling latest v4l-dvb I now can consistently tune to all
channels in DVB-S and DVB-S2 mode. So maybe a STB0899 frontend fix for
the TT-3200, I didn't check all the commits in between the 2 releases I
was using.

So whilst a late reply I think this one if finally sorted for the TT-3200.

Thanks for your support in getting this to work.

Thomas