[dvblast-devel] Subscribing to other lists of VLC is impossible...

sani.broyeur at free.fr sani.broyeur at free.fr
Thu Nov 12 16:29:36 CET 2009

Right... But i'm a little bit ashamed, since this is a (probabely) very trivial
use of VLC :-)

dvblast compile and works fine. I can monitor trafic from my first box with
DVB-S&DVB-T receivers: a clean and very constant 4Mb/s stream.

dvblast is a simple UDP streamer, and when defining UNIcast IP in config file or
with "-d" option, it "floods" another machine with canned symbols received by
aerials. Nothing wrong, that's how it works and it does well...

Here is the trivial question, probabely off-topic and VLC related:

what is the correct invocation of the VLC client on the target machine, to
receive and display this stream shot at by dvblast server on the lan ?

Until today, I was heavily using http and rtsp protocols with VLC as streamer,
where VLC client initiates the stream and knowns the server that answers.

How to invoke VLC on another client machine to listen to an incomming and "un
sollicited" stream fired at by dvblast machine on network ?

Sorry for the noise :-)
Chris.