[dvblast-devel] rtp and udp simulcast

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Thu Oct 1 15:25:02 CEST 2009

Hi Petr,

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:39:10AM +0200, Petr Hroudný wrote:
> Hello devels,
>
> dvblast currently supports rtp streaming OR udp streaming (-U); it is
> not possible to mix them.
>
> I wonder whether the -U option couldn't be somehow moved to config
> file and applied for single output. This will allow rtp and udp
> simulcast, where the same program will be streamed to one group as rtp
> and to another as udp:

  it's actually not very difficult - see the attached patch.

However, I had to change the suffix to ";udp" in order to properly support
config syntax without the port number. We have to properly recognize both

239.1.2.3;udp            1     120
239.1.2.3:1234;udp       1     120

Please test it and report how it works.

NB: I kept the -U option for now, although it's perhaps no longer needed (?)

      With kind regards,

           M.