[dvblast-devel] tiny bug on platform where char is unsigned

HoP jpetrous at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:59:56 CEST 2009

Hi Andy

>> On platform where "char" is unsigned by default, getopt()
>> ends up with usage() every time because of unsigned casting:
>
> Thanks for this, I need to test this won't break parsing on UTF-8 consoles.
> Getopt is a bit of a pain at times!

Sure, hehe. But I'm already using console in utf8  mode, so should be
ok. Another way is to expand "signed char c;" to simple "int c;"
what skips any casting at all.

> Out of interest, which ARM platform are you using?  I was considering
> building some hardware based on OMAP3 gumstix and a USB DVB-T tuner.  I
> would be very interested in seeing some stats of CPU usage for handling a
> complete DVB mux (at least 8 channels) on ARM.

We are using a bit specific chip from SMSC - net9131. What is so
called "multimedia co-processor" with integrated ARM926 core.

Unfortunatelly I don't have any benchmarks yet. I'm going to make
some in few days. I'm specially curious about testing it with big dvb-s2
stream :)

Anyway I must say that dvblast have surprised me. After some testing
I must say it looks very stable and mature. Even in version 1.0. Great job.

Regards

Honza