[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Thu Oct 22 23:45:25 CEST 2009

Christophe Massiot wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009, Thomas Kernen wrote:
>
>> As a side note, and this is purely for comparison purposes, if I test
>> against the mumudvb project, tuning with DiSEqC works each and every
>> time with the TT-1500.
>
> Patch #5 mimicks mumudvb's behaviour (which I think is right so I
> believe we should commit that patch anyway). I have also implemented
> Marian's idea for SEC_MINI_A and SEC_MINI_B (-S A and -S B).

So here is what I'm getting with the new patch.

#1 server:
- TT-1500 DVB-S card is now behaving properly. DiSEqC commands seem to
be acknowledged and I can tune to all 3 satellites connected to the
switch I have on this test platform.

- KNC1 DVB-S2 card seems to not be able to honor the DiSEqC commands. I
can tune to the default position but not to the other inputs.

#2 server:
- TT-1500 DVB-S card is now behaving properly as in server #1

#3 server:
- TT-3200 DVB-S2 card seems to not be able to honor the DiSEqC commands.
I can tune to the default position but not to the other inputs.

So all in all this is a great step forward for DVB-S cards. For the
DVB-S2 ones there seems to still be some issues with the DiSEqC commands.

Regards,
Thomas