[dvblast-devel] dvblast: svn commit r146 (massiot)

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Sun Aug 8 17:27:52 CEST 2010

On 6/28/10 11:27 PM, Subversion daemon wrote:
> r146 | massiot | 2010-06-28 23:27:03 +0200 (Mon, 28 Jun 2010) | 2 lines
> Changed paths:
>     M /trunk/README
>     M /trunk/TODO
>     M /trunk/asi.c
>     M /trunk/demux.c
>     M /trunk/dvb.c
>     M /trunk/dvblast.c
>     M /trunk/dvblast.h
>     M /trunk/en50221.c
>     M /trunk/output.c
>     M /trunk/udp.c
>
>   * ALL: Introduce a buffering scheme to smooth packet output (see README).

Hi team,

I hadn't updated my test rigs in some time so was still running code
older than this commit. All worked fine for me on the streaming front up
to and including r145. With the introduction of the changes in r146, I
seem to not be able to stream anymore (or with any more recent builds).
Apparently no multicast packets are exiting the interface.

I've tested this behaviour against 5 different cards (TBS6980, TT-S1500,
Mystique SaTiX, Airstar 2, DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4) in
case it was hardware specific. None of them show any multicast packets
in tcpdump anymore.

I would have expected the new buffering scheme to simply change the
behavior, as described in the README, hence I'm trying to understand how
this issue may have been introduced.

Any suggestions as to what the cause may be or specific areas to
investigate would be most helpful.

Regards,
Thomas