[dvblast-devel] dvblast: svn commit r154 (massiot)

Christophe Massiot cmassiot at openheadend.tv
Mon Aug 16 18:54:44 CEST 2010

Le 16 août 2010 à 13:37, Jakub Paweł Głazik a écrit :

> 2010/8/13 Christophe Massiot <cmassiot at openheadend.tv>:
>> Le 12 août 2010 à 09:16, Jakub Paweł Głazik a écrit :
>>
>>> Does this (mainly dvn compilance mode) can help with lip sync errors
>>> that occur on my STB? (Zyxel STB1001H).
>>>
>>> I'm having big lip sync issues and don't know what triggers them.
>>
>> I'm afraid DVBlast can't help there. You probably need to remux.
>
> the only tool for that is VLC, and not only it is not reliable, but
> also vlc doesn't support S2API..

You could use DVBlast for reception to one multicast address, and VLC to remux to another address.

> Any idea why Zyxel STB has this problems with pure stream from
> sattelite? I'm gonna try to solve this with their r&d dept.

Probably the stream you're trying to play doesn't respect TS constraints on buffering, and the STB isn't lenient enough. It is quite common. There is one thing you can try :

 - record the stream coming from DVBlast with multicat
 - restamp the file with ingests
 - play the restamped stream with multicat
 - check if the stream is played by the STB

If it is not played then it means the TS multiplexer is at fault. If it is played, then there is a problem of scheduling of PCRs, either at the source or with DVBlast.