[dvblast-devel] DVBlast 1.2 ?

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Fri Feb 19 13:33:32 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:37:44PM +0100, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not much activity lately, and many interesting features in SVN... Can
> we take it that the current SVN is stable and can be released as 1.2
> ? Please yell if not.

Hi Christophe,

  yes, making a release would make sense given the IPv6 support etc.
However, we do need to look at the problem with CAM polling - recently
we've done some tests with PowerCAM PRO (PCAM v4.3) and it turns out
that the time taken by this CAM to respond to periodic "pings" is
as high as 100 msec (and the whole dvblast is blocked for this time
5 times per second). Thus we'd need to look for solution which you
already described, i.e. to rework the whole state machine to avoid
the second poll() in TPDURecv and TPDUSend.

    With kind regards,

        M.