[dvblast-devel] Lip sync error

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Wed Feb 24 09:33:01 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:43:19 +0100, Jaroslav Klaus wrote
> What do you think about solution to buffer video packets until audio
> PTS will be close to PTS of video packets and send them together? I
> don't know if there are some meta-infomation packets in mpeg-ts that
> would be broken by this packet disorder. What's the chance this would
> work? Thanks

I don't think this is the optimal way to go. Transport streams from DVB sources
are typically created in professional environment and are supposed to work fine
with standards-compliant STBs.

Instead I'd suggest to investigate further - does the problem happen with other
DVB sources, other STBs etc? For the affected source, could you please capture
TCPdump output for at least two seconds on some Unix machine and check for
irregularities (gaps) in timestamps?

With kind regards,

     M.