[dvblast-devel] Any plans for supporting advanced DVB-S2 modes?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Sat Aug 20 13:23:12 CEST 2011

On 8/19/11 7:07 PM, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Le 18 août 2011 à 15:00, Thomas Kernen a écrit :
>
>> Is anyone planning or already working on adding support for some of the advanced DVB-S2 modes such as 16APSK, 32APSK, CCM, VCM and ACM modes in combination with Multiple Transport Streams on a single carrier.
>>
>> These features are usually used in professional applications, such as satellite downlinks for feeding DVB-T transmitters or contribution links.
>
> I know that there is an experimental, dedicated Netup driver with support for one APSK frontend (the other frontend can no longer be used), but I have never tried DVBlast with it. Probably you would need to fiddle with the S2API parameters we pass to the driver. I feel that the most complicated part would be to find such hardware with linux-dvb drivers...

Correct about the NetUp board with partial support.

A better board for this is the TBS 6925 which has the full 16 and 32APSK
support with ACM, VCM and CCM, including very low symbol rates.

The only known limitation on the TBS is GS (Generic Stream)
encapsulation, but this is not due to the TBS HW but to the support in
Linux itself.

So assuming the HW is ok, I may need a hand with making sure we get the
S2API parameters in check.

Thomas