[dvblast-devel] How to interpret signal strength, SNR and BER

Eduardo Vieira eduardovra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:22:59 CET 2011

Hi fellows,

I've been googling for some time but I still haven't got anything
conclusive. So I decided to ask you for some help :)
My goal is to develop an application that will monitor the status of a
DVB tuner, so I need to read and interpret the values returned for
signal strength, SNR and BER. The ideia is to show these values as
dBm, dB and an exponential format for BER respectively.
The question is: how can I convert the numbers returned by dvblast to
these measurement units ?

PS: I'm using a DVBWorld 2104D tuner for my tests (it's based on ds3000).

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo