[dvblast-devel] dvblast and winTV-Duet

Ben Barker ben at bbarker.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 13:00:34 CEST 2012

Hello,

Not sure if anyone here can help, but here goes - I'm not sure whether
this is a vlc or a dvblast query really...

I have a winTV-Duet USB dual tuner card. Until I upgraded from luggage
to Twoflower, when VLC tried to play from it it would get as far as:

debug: frontend has acquired signal
debug: frontend has acquired carrier
debug: frontend has acquired stable FEC
debug: frontend has acquired sync
info: frontend has acquired lock
frontend has acquired lock
debug: - Bit error rate: 0
debug: - Signal strength: 34131
debug: - SNR: 222

And then simply sit there doing nothing. I am running dvBlast 2.2, and
it looks like the same is happening:

dvblast -a 2 -c M1.cfg -f 490000000 -m qam_64 -b 8 -W

debug: frontend has acquired signal
debug: frontend has acquired carrier
debug: frontend has acquired stable FEC
debug: frontend has acquired sync
info: frontend has acquired lock
frontend has acquired lock
debug: - Bit error rate: 0
debug: - Signal strength: 34131
debug: - SNR: 222
warning: no DVR output, resetting
debug: tuning OFDM frontend to f=490000000 bandwidth=8 inversion=-1
fec_hp=999 fec_lp=999 hierarchy=-1 modulation=qam_64 guard=-1
transmission=-1
debug: frontend has acquired signal
debug: frontend has acquired carrier
debug: frontend has acquired stable FEC
debug: frontend has acquired sync
info: frontend has acquired lock
frontend has acquired lock
debug: - Bit error rate: 0
debug: - Signal strength: 34108
debug: - SNR: 227

With, if I am reading the above correctly, dvblast repeatedbly
attempting to retune as it isn't seeing any data.

If I use twoflower vlc, I get:

vlc --dvb-adapter=2 dvb:// :dvb-frequency=490000000 :dvb-bandwidth=8

Which works fine and shows me an image, though the logs fill up with:
ibdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 9, expected
0) for PID 500

Which may or may not be relevant?

Can anyone shed any light on my problems accessing the stream with dvblast?