[dvblast-devel] Dvblast and CAM Dre Crypt PRO

Doychin Dokov dokov at silistra.tv
Wed Mar 14 12:19:42 CET 2012

Channels are streamed to a DVB-C headend, and the problems are visible on
the DVB-C output with some poor STBs only. Generally, this problem cannot
be seen, but it's obvious it's only these channels.

When watched with VLC, locally, or remotely, it plays fine, as it does on
all DVB-C TV sets we've tried on. It's not a bursting issue - as I said -
there are no CC errors in the output TS muxes, measured with a standalone
receiver over the coax network.

In regards to AlphaCrypt - yes, it does support the latest Irdeto, and yes
it's multichannel. One of the updates was done specifically by our & some
other clients requests, which made it handle all regional variants of the
encoding. Before that, it produced what is the result with current software
decryption software available - the card gives back correct codewords, but
the output is still garbled - it's probably bitshiftet or something like
this, and - you know - we can't get official statement on that.

The AlphaCrypt Pro is being used here on this transponder:
http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=5184

It's intended for cable operators in Bulgaria. We are currently decrypting
5 channels with one CAM and one card, and it works fine, if we don't count
the above stuttering issues. We also use some of the FTA channels off the
same transponder, and they don't suffer from this issue, so it's clear it's
something introduced with the decoding.

That's why I think these issues are not directly related to dvblast, and
have not yet complained about them on this list.

На 14 март 2012, 12:49, Richard Hemzal <hemzal at asm.cz> написа: