[dvblast-devel] Can dvblast stream to a file?

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl
Sun Dec 29 14:51:19 CET 2013

Hi All,
I have an USB DVB-T receiver. Also I have a digitenne smartcard with a smargo cardreader. This is everything I need to capture, decrypt, and store a TV show. This works fine on a normal PC.
I would like to record my shows on a D-link DNS-323 NAS. The ARM CPU on this device is very slow, so it cannot decode multiple TV shows in realtime.
I would like to get the datastream from the receiver, and then store it in encrypted form on the hard drive. The CPU is fast enough to do this for multiple channels at the same time in realtime.
Next I would launch a low-priority task to decrypt the file, and store the result into a new file. When completed, this decrypted file can then be made accessible via samba.
Can dvblast stream to a file? Is there a utility that can take the network stream from dvblast, and place it into a file?
Can this file be decrypted using tsdecrypt?
Is there any program that can do this?
Best regards,
Cedric