[dvblast-devel] Can dvblast stream to a file?

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl
Sun Dec 29 17:18:23 CET 2013

>I think the problem is that dvblast.conf should look like this:
>#Nederland 1
>127.0.0.1:9999 1 1101
>But if you want to further test it why dont you multicast it on a real
>interface and verify with vlc if your stream really exist?
>

>You should put on dvblast.conf
>something like this:
>#Nederland 1
>239.1.1.1:1234 1 1101
>#Nederland 2
>239.1.1.2:1234 1 1102
>#...
>
>where 1101,1102 are the SID of the respective services ...
>
>Dan

Hi Dan,

I have tried your suggestion. I now have dvblast.conf:
192.168.31.106:9999 1 1101

On my workstation (192.168.31.106) I have adjusted hosts.allow:
ALL : LOCAL
In wireshark I can see UDP packets flowing into my workstation. I've started VLC, and choosen "Open network stream", "192.168.31.201:9999" and "@:9999" but I don't see an image yet.
dvblast reports "error: couldn't writev to 192.168.31.106:9999 (Connection refused)"

No sigar yet, but i'm getting closer. :-)

Best regards,
Cedric