[dvblast-devel] Can Dvblast open devices only if at least one connection

Patrick patrick.pub at nerim.net
Wed Sep 18 12:52:08 CEST 2013

Hi

The standard purpose of dvblast is to have one instance and one card/channel per frequency to be received.

I am trying another configuration. I set a computer with all my reception cards close to the "entry point", I replaced the antenna cables by network cables and add more network cables (not 100% legal in France). By this way I will be able to watch the TV from the room I want using vlc.

My problem is I have only one card per type (dvb-t dvb-s ivtv for the VHS etc...).

It is annoying as I have to keep an ssh window on the server to launch and kill dvblast instances if I change channels from a frequency to another one.

Is there a way all my dvblast instances are up and running, listen on the network, and open the reception side and the devices only if there is at least one connection?

The second problem is the common interface. Dvblast looks like to first filter the pids that are in the configuration list, to pass in the CI and to filter a second time in order to send to the streams in their network connections. Most of the cards are not able to decode more than X streams. It also can be nice to limit the pid in the CI to the connected.

I understand that this is a little bit tricky as the big advantage is a very fast channel zapping and muli users as the reception says synchronized in a dvblast instance.

Thanks.