[dvblast-devel] Building a CAS/DRM (tsdecrypt, OSCam, libdvbcsa, openssl)

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Thu Feb 19 19:17:19 CET 2015

On 2/19/15 7:42 PM, Gonzalo Berdeal wrote:
> In the same way there is the possibility to use dvblast combined with OSCam and tsdecrypt to receive encrypted streams, is there a way to encrypt?
> I mean, is it possible to build my own conditional access system using tools such as OSCam, libdvbcsa, OpenSSL, etc?

To my knowledge there is no open source solution that will get you
working CAS.

Of course you may build your own, it is not very hard. The tricky part
is the client support (stbs, etc). The server part (the encryption) is
well understood and if you are talking about IPTV solution, then key
exchange, etc is a lot easier than DVB solutions (which lack back
channel).

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski | http://georgi.unixsol.org/ | http://github.com/gfto/