[dvblast-devel] encoder output - as input to dvBlast

Dirk Braunschweiger dirkmb at selfnet.de
Sun Mar 29 22:41:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

first of all i think it's the wrong mailinglist.
Usersupport is on http://www.videolan.org/support/lists.html

On 2015-03-29 21:36, Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is said that "DVBlast supports several input methods:
> linux-dvb-supported cards (DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T...) with or
> without CI interface
> DVB-ASI cards (from Computer Modules)
> UDP or RTP, unicast or multicast, streams carrying a transport stream"
>
> Can it also get encoder output (raw encoded video frames) as input ?
I think so, haven't used that, yet.

> Can it output UDP instead of RTP ?

yes, you can add this option in the config file.

> Is it a good choice for real-time streaming of video in MPEG-2
> transport stream ?

I do not know if it works for you, in our network we have some (very
sort) delays in the streams.
Depending on your requirements it will work.

Regards,
Dirk