[dvblast-devel] DVB-S2 modulators

Ibrahim Tachijian barhom at netsat.se
Sun Apr 17 02:37:27 CEST 2016

@Ahmed Ramze
In my use case I cannot user RF to fiber. I must send the transponder in
question using IP/UDP and convert it back to DVBS2.

@Metin Olgun
"IP Input Modulator" is exactly what Im looking for, but I havent found any
that seem good yet.
Im imaginig what Im looking for is something that is standalone where I can
go to the webinterface and input the following details:

1. IP Input Multicast Address
2. Output DVB-S2 frequency + symbol rate + polarisation

And then be good to go.

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 2:31 AM Metin Olgun <olgun.metin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there should be an IP input modulator.. Forex Newtec should have
> such a modulator.. But it is a professional one and costly solution. Your
> STB is only dvb-s? Cos there are IP STBs as well but if the requirement is
> to test dvb-s STBs then you certainly need a modulator, where modulator
> might not be enough.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 16 Apr 2016, at 19:24, Ibrahim Tachijian <barhom at netsat.se> wrote:
>
> Here's a more detailed example of what I'm trying to do:
>
> 1. Use DVBLasts "-d" parameter to stream an entire transponder to an IPv4
> address
> 2. Have some kind of DVB-S2 modulator device (either stand alone or pci-e)
> read this UDP/TS stream created by DVBLast and convert it back into DVB-S2.
>
> In case you want the reason behind doing this;
>
> Location A has a Satellite dish and a server with dvb-s2 tuner connected
> using dvblast
> Location B has no Satellite dish but requires a live-feed of one
> transponder for testing Set top boxes.
>

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 1:59 AM Ahmed Ramze <ahmedramze at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> There is no Modulator with IP in all modulator come with ASI input its
>> broadcast standards with DVB transport stream .
>> the dektek the best experimental equipment but its too expensive
>> comparing with other products.
>>
>> for your application you need IP to ASI converter/processor  then
>> DVB-C/T/S any type.
>>
>> the price for IP to ASI depend on price the chines cost 1800-2500$ other
>> modules up to 15,000$ depend on Number of  input IP and number output ASI
>> ports and MUX function which its multiplex the IPs.
>>
>> any way if you want to buy modulator I have DVB-S with ASI input with
>> variable symbol rate from 1000-45000 and there is DVB-S2 with variable
>> symbol rate from 1000-27500.
>> and we have 16 UDP/IP in with 4 ASI out with Multiplexer.
>> contact me at this email or on info[at]HighSpeedTelecom[dot]net
>>
>> Ahmed.
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 2:44 AM, Ibrahim Tachijian <barhom at netsat.se>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a DVB-S2 modulator, either stand alone or one that
>>> works in linux?
>>>
>>> I'm trying to achieve the following:
>>>
>>> 1. Use dvblast to send dvb-s2 channel to udp (done)
>>> 2. Save the stream using multicat to file on disk (done)