[dvblast-devel] dvblast output not dropping

Christophe Massiot cmassiot at openheadend.tv
Tue Feb 16 23:59:41 CET 2016

Hello,

> On 16 Feb 2016, at 20:02, Loren Salsgiver <loren at salsgiver.com> wrote:
>
> Dvblast outputs about 100K of data,  which is not desired, when the input to the IRD has lost signal.   Is there an option to stop the output so the alarms can be triggered and the set top box says "searching for signal" ?
> Currently the continued output prevents the alarm triggering and causes the set top box (amino), to be a blank screen but even worse it keeps the previous channel video frame when changing from an active channel to a channel where the stream is dead. Which is confusing.
>
> The setup is our receiver outputs MPTS to a server running dvblast on FreeBSD.  Dvblast is breaking out the SPTS streams.  Previously when we used VLC its output stopped when the video source was lost.

DVBlast doesn’t generate any data, so if you have 100K of data, it means your IRD is generating this data (probably repeated PAT + PMT). See in your IRD user manual if you can disable that. In DVBlast if there is no data in, there will be no data out.

The difference with VLC is that VLC doesn’t output anything if there is no *frame* in the input, so that PAT/PMT-only streams won’t generate any output. There is no easy way to reproduce this behaviour with DVBlast.

Regards,