[dvblast-devel] Remote dvblast to minimize lan saturation

Federico Allegretti allegfede at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:32:26 CEST 2017

Hello everybody.
I tried to find out there a dvblast user forum but no luck.
I have neighter found information about dvblady and kodi that where usefull
for my scope, so i bother developers.
I wish to grab dvb signals from the aerial using a pi with a supported
dvb-usb stick and have dvgrab to stream it to lan.
I also wish to have a list from first (or requested) scan that kodi is
aware.
I wish kodi have the ability to tell dvbladt to tune and stream the
selected signal to minimize lan traffic with a lot of multicast that noone
what to see.

Interesting will be to have a pool on N dvblast 'streamers' multicasting
the last 'N' DIFFERENT requested (by kodi users)  channels.
If we have a family of 4 person is nit smart to multicast 10 channels in a
geoghraphic area where there are 20 channels :-)
We in thecwotst cade are watching 4 different channels :-)