[dvblast-devel] dvblast --print-period option

Michel Burnand hb9dug at vtxnet.ch
Tue Nov 17 08:34:06 CET 2020

Hello,

I use dvblast to stream a program from an ATV radio-amateur repeater
(www.hb9tv.ch) through ffmpeg to a club streamer
(https://batc.org.uk/live/).

Following changes in the ATV relay settings, I no longer have a
permanent stream coming from program 1000 and I need to detect this
state to ensure that ffmpeg works properly.

Thanks to the --print-period option, I have information on the bitrate
of the stream and this allows me to detect if the program is being
transmitted.

Program 1000 present:

*bitrate: 1359565*
  - program number 3000 bitrate: 1
  - program number 1000 bitrate: 53
  - program number 2000 bitrate: 1
frontend ber: 0 strength: 44975 snr: 59367 uncorrected: 0

Program 1000 absent:

*bitrate: 27072*
  - program number 3000 bitrate: 1
  - program number 1000 bitrate: 1
  - program number 2000 bitrate: 1
frontend ber: 0 strength: 44204 snr: 59110 uncorrected: 0

My problem, I am unable to retrieve this information in a file... I have
tried the ways below with no success :

dvblast -C -r /tmp/dvblast.sock --print-period 50000 -c hb9tv1.conf
--frequency 1760000 --symbol-rate 4000000 --fec-inner 56 -v 18 | tee -a
bitrate.txt

dvblast -C -r /tmp/dvblast.sock --print-period 50000 -c hb9tv1.conf
--frequency 1760000 --symbol-rate 4000000 --fec-inner 56 -v 18 2>&1 |
tee bitrate.txt

The information (bitrate) appears on the console and in the file
randomly by block of 22 x the bitrate information... opposed to every 5s
on the console without the redirection. Not being in the programming
profession, I am stuck... Could you please put me on the trail of the
solution ?

Thank you in advance for your advice. Best regards, Michel P.S. dvblast
run on a rasperry 3

Michel Burnand   -   HB9DUG   -hb9dug at vtxnet.ch
Rue de la Dude 22    CH-1267 Vich      Switzerland
Phone +41 22 995 0661