[libbluray-devel] DirectShow Wrapper for libbluray

Peter Wimmer (Lists) peter.wimmer.lists at 3dtv.at
Wed Jan 5 13:48:51 CET 2011

> I'm not a developer but I think there are other priorities for libbluray.

That's fine. But there is definitely a need for a DirectShow filter, which is needed by all DirectShow-based media players. The question for the project admins is: Do you want to develop it as part of the libbluray project or should we open a separate project for the DirectShow wrapper (like ffdshow for ffmpeg, which are also separate)?

Personally, I would prefer a single project, and in the source code I've seen that you also develop the Xine plugin as part of libbluray, so why not do the same for DirectShow?

As I need the DirectShow filter, I would contribute to the DirectShow wrapper.

Peter