[libbluray-devel] libbluray with BD-J support: compilation issues

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 26 11:29:40 CEST 2013

On ke, 2013-04-24 at 11:13 +0300, Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen wrote:

> Do you have a list of some discs using BD-J which are known to work?

No. Maybe we should start collecting some kind of list, most important
being what does not work (and possibly why). Such list would be useful
for regression testing too.

Following ones from my sample collection work best
(with J2SE and J2ME):
  Die Hard
  Hostel 2
  Iron Man 2
  Land of the Dead
  Madagascar 2
  SAW
  Serenity
More tricky ones: (J2ME-only, BDLive issues, ...)
  Cars
  Cars 2
  Clash of the Titans
  Dumbo (1946)
  Madagascar 2
  Moon
  Ratatouille
  The Tourist

I've tested mostly main menus, not all features of all discs.

Check also http://pastebin.com/PUTkgQ10 (from #libbluray)

Known limitations:
 * BdLive (content is downloaded but not binded to VFS)
 * IxcRegistry (Inter-Xlet communications) does not always work
 * BufferedImage rendering does not work in J2SE
 * Missing background images (still video) with some discs.
 * JVM shutdown does not work (sometimes does ?)
 * ...

- Petri