[libbluray-devel] Find user data and cache dirs in linux(xdg), windows and darwin

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 13 21:51:42 CET 2013

On ke, 2013-03-13 at 17:01 +0100, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Hrm, the XDG data dir usage seems partially wrong, as it does not
> consult the system dir at all --- I would suggest looking at
> libxdg-basedir library for API examples of looking-for-file.

XDG data dir is used as persistent storage for BD-J applets. For
example, applet can store current playback position and continue from
there when disc is inserted again. Games can store high scores, ...

http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html :
"There is a single base directory relative to which user-specific data
files should be written. This directory is defined by the environment
variable $XDG_DATA_HOME."

Cache dir is used for downloaded content, updated titles, ... that
BDLive loads from network. If it is removed files are simply downloaded
again.

- Petri