Problem with descriptor 2 (video stream)

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Tue Dec 17 19:36:00 CET 2002

In the UK, the software to encode the DVB-T MUX 2 is buggy, and outputs
this descriptor with b_mpeg2 UNSET, but with a length of 3. Theres an
explicit check to disallow this, which causes a nasty error in the
library. I removed this check on my system, since it is obviously just a
wrinkle of the particular encoder they're using.

Another problem is that if any of these descriptor length tests fail,
they free the p_decoded structure, BUT DO NOT RETURN NULL.. they just go
straight ahead into the normal decoding code, and fall over later.