Problem with multiple PSI streams

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou bozo at via.ecp.fr
Wed Dec 18 09:47:51 CET 2002

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> The solution is obvious; have a seperate h_dvbpsi for each PSI stream
> you want to decode... but this means clients of the library have to do
> more work; get a packet, check the PID, work out which h_dvbpsi is
> appropriate for that PID, and send it to it.. makes things a little more
> complex than I would have expected.

When we started to specify the libdvbpsi all the people agreed with the
fact that TS demultiplexing was absolutely out of the scope of its
functionalities. The main reason is that most of the time the
application has and needs its own TS demultiplexer. That's why it's
mandatory to have one handle per PSI elementary stream.

If you need some examples of TS (de)multiplexing you can look at vlc's or
vls's sources.

Regards,

--
Arnaud