Bug in PAT generator

Johann Hanne jhml at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 18:28:40 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 16:51, you wrote:
> You have to forge TS packets with the section's data. VLS does in
> src/dvbpsi.cpp. Look at C_DvbPsiTable::TsWrite (and TsReset...)
Yay. Thanks for that hint. The only thing I missed was that the first data
byte of the TS packet data has to be set to 0 at the beginning of a section.
So I was confusing the bits and there meaning according the spec as i had a
1-byte offset. No wonder that it didn't make sense. ;-)

So finally my application is now streaming 12 programs (each to a different
multicast address) from 3 different transponders simultaniously and even
generates correct PAT tables with only 1 program entry each. Both VLC and
VBrick stream player are able to play it, so the streams seem to be quite
standards compliant. :-)

Cheers, Jonny