[libdvbpsi-devel] [RFC] Broken current_next handling for SI tables

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Nov 16 13:38:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009, Marian Ďurkovič wrote:

>    Thus I strongly believe we should remove this "feature" from libdvbpsi
> ASAP and make it deliver correct tables at all cases without the need
> for past-references.

I fully agree with you, and I'd even go further : we should call back
the callback function for every table received, even if the version
number hasn't changed. I've often had problems in production because the
PAT version didn't change though its content changed (Anevia hardware is
for instance affected by this bug). You can always say that the received
stream was invalid, but the guy at the other end will say "hey it is
valid now, why doesn't your equipment work ??".

Now if the application decides that it should ignore tables with
identical version, that's its problem, but a library shouldn't decide
for it, since the overhead is minimal.
--
Christophe Massiot.