[libdvbpsi-devel] The revised BAT source code patch

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:13:13 CEST 2010

2010/4/1 zlu zhu <zhuzlu at gmail.com>:
> Hi Christophe,
>        I'm sorry my mail could not reach your freebox mail.
>        I've put it in the attached file, where,
> diff_Report_vs5_0.1.6.txt is the difference comparision with  version
> 5_0.1.6.
> b.ts is a sample transport stream (don't publish this b.ts).
> decode_bat.log is the result of the decode.
> the directory is what I've add/modified.

Some remarks:
- pay attention to spaces vs tabs, mixing them makes your code
difficult to read since code jumps around the place,
  please fix these
- we prefer a diff to the original code for easier applying to the
repository and for easier reading
  either use diff -urN dvbpsi-trunk.orig/ dvbpsi-trunk.new/ > bat.diff
  or use: svn diff > bat.diff

Some issues:
- in dvbpsi_GatherBATSections fix the if (0)
- in dvbpsi_DecodeBAT also decode the descriptors
- in dvbpsi_DecodeBAT use transport_stream_loop_length to check the
length of the TS loop
- missing implementation of BAT generation: dvbpsi_GenBATSections

In general the code looks ok.

> Regards,
> Raymond

Kind Regards,