[libdvbpsi-devel] [RFC] changes

Bernhard Ehlers b-ehlers at gmx.de
Mon Nov 22 22:56:21 CET 2010

> There are some things that I want to bring to your attention:
>
> 1) move to git repository
Nice, I prefer git over subversion as well.

> 2)
> libdvbpsi uses debug macros that end up doing printf() on the console.
> Since libdvbpsi is mostly used as library, this is IMHO not wanted. I
> want to replace this by either:
> a) a log callback with the message from the DEBUG macros as argument, or
> b) make them only available for testing (maintainer) and basically
> remove them from --enable-debug (and --enable-release)
>
> Any comments/objections?
I also prefer a way to suppress the direct printf output.

But I would like this not only for DVBPSI_DEBUG, but also for DVBPSI_ERROR.
I prefer a way, that an application can install a callback function (printf is the default),
where the application can decide what to do with the message.

I'm fine with the current way, that DVBPSI_DEBUG is used only, when --enable-debug
is defined. So DVBPSI_DEBUG messages are for maintainers, DVBPSI_ERROR
messages are for all.

Best regards

Bernhard Ehlers