[libdvbpsi-devel] dvbpsi_eit_event_s and EIT event description's section number

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at videolan.org
Wed Jul 11 16:20:21 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Gauthier Lamaison
<gauthier.lamaison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do some error checks on the psi tables. I refer to the
> document ETSI TR 101 290 V1.2.1, sections 5.2.1, 5.2.2 and 5.2.3.
>
> I'm currently working on the EIT table error checks (Num 3.6.a, 3.6.b and
> 3.6.c in the table 5.2.3) and more specifically on the error 3.6.c. For the
> other tables I usually do my error checks before sending the packets to
> libdvbpsi but for this specific error I thought it would be easier to check
> if the section_numbers are present in the table decoded by libdvbpsi.
>
> I read on libdvpsi's documentation that each dvbpsi_eit_event_t is supposed
> to store a decoded EIT event description and, stop me if I'm wrong, each EIT
> event description should have a different section_number, right?
>
> So here is my question, can I get the section_number of an EIT event
> description via libdvbpsi? I read the documentation but I wasn't able to
> find the answer by myself.

The section numbers are stored in dvbpsi_psi_section_t::i_number

The decoder EIT event does not reference the original data any more. If
you want to check the error conditions then you should look into
src/tables/eit.c
functions dvbpsi_GatherEITSections() and dvbpsi_DecodeEITSections().
It would make
sense to add checks there.