[libdvbpsi-devel] Header multiple inclusion error

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Sat May 11 22:54:05 CEST 2013

I consider forcing compilation fail in case of multiple inclusion not
correct.
You can see in other projects include guards without "else" block,
which result in silently compiling and working correctly.
To further justify my position, i'll give an example.
We have two classes - A and B, both of which utilize some dvbpsi
objects, let's say dvbpsi_t, in their data members or function
signatures. Thus they both have to include dvbpsi.h in their .h files.
Then we have class C, which includes A and B as data members, so it
has to include A.h and B.h in its .h. Voila, multiple inclusion, and
libdvbpsi forces compilation fail.

Will a patch eliminating #error directive be accepted?

--
Andrey Utkin