building shared libraries problem

shatty shatty at myrealbox.com
Wed Jul 17 01:02:37 CEST 2002

Hello,

I just built libdvdcss for BeOS.  In order for the build
to complete successfully I had to make a small patch to
the Makefile.in/Makefile.am file in the src directory.
The patch is to add "-no-undefined" to the
libdvdcss_la_LDFLAGS variable.  This instructs libtool
that the shared library will not have any undefined
symbols, and thus it is okay to build it on platforms
that don't support undefined symbols in shared libraries.
(like BeOS)  Please feel free to contact me if you need
more details, or a patch file, etc.

Andrew Bachmann