CVS Commit: libdvdcss (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Nov 14 15:36:32 CET 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 14:45, H}kan Hjort wrote:

> >    I hope this logic is not too much flawed... at least it seems to be
working
> >    with the few DVDs I've got.
> >
> Sure if you either have a region free DVD drive or just DVD disc from
> the same region as the drive.

Would there be a better way to check for the copyright status of a DVD ?

The problem here only happens because we can't get the copyright status with
an IOCTL_DVD_READ_STRUCTURE and a DVD_COPYRIGHT_DESCRIPTOR query on
Win2k/XP (AFAIK it's a bug in these OSs).
We can work around this in administrator mode by sending a SCSI passthrough
command instead, but this isn't allowed in non-administrator mode.

--
Gildas