libdvdread play_title.exe on cygwin

mehul patel mpatel at focus-technologies.com
Tue Jun 17 18:25:49 CEST 2003

Hi,

I tried removing / from command line. It still gave me same error.
I was using DVD from other computer, so y:/ was actually a network drive.
Then i switched to the machine itself which had DVD drive.

And tried \\.\e: and it worked, i got ahead some steps , it still displays
read error. Here is the output. I am not sure if setting region would help,
if it helps how can i set region of DVD drive. Or is there anything else
i need to do?

>play_title.exe \\.\e: 1 1 1
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.6 for DVD access
libdvdcss debug: opening target `\\.\e:'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
There are 1 titles on this DVD.
There are 24 chapters in this title.
There are 2 angles in this title.

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000120
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 attempts successful, 0 of 2000 blocks scrambled
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: title key is 00:00:00:00:00
libdvdcss debug: unencrypted title
libdvdread: Elapsed time 1
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x00004a6a
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss debug: 1 of 1 attempts successful, 1 of 2 blocks scrambled
libdvdcss debug: vts key initialized
libdvdcss debug: title key is c0:05:c8:1c:35
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0000e60d
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss error: read error
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 attempts successful, 0 of 0 blocks scrambled
libdvdcss debug: title key is 00:00:00:00:00
libdvdcss error: fatal error in vts css key
libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB (0x0000e60d)!!
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 1
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss error: read error
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 attempts successful, 0 of 0 blocks scrambled
libdvdcss debug: title key is 00:00:00:00:00
libdvdcss error: fatal error in vts css key
libdvdcss error: read error
Read failed for block 0

Mehul