CrackDiscKey() and possibility of improvement...

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Aug 11 22:46:16 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004, Alan Goluban wrote:

>   1) Anyone cares to see the source code of disckey_hash_invert(), verify it
>      and possibly make any use of it?

   Yes, I'd definitely love to see it. I have been wondering of ways to
make the key detection more robust but haven't tried anything.

>   2) If yes, how it should be submitted: as an attachment or "inline" code?

   Patches sent to the list are OK. If you think it might be too big,
please send it to me personally.

>   3) Is it "legal" to post such type of code (I assume it is now)?

   We have never been threatened by anyone about the libdvdcss code, so
I guess so.

--
Sam.