version control system moved to Subversion

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Feb 25 10:11:29 CET 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> Which version of the Subversion do we use 1.0 I assume?

   The server still uses 0.37 but will move to 1.0 as soon as possible;
clients are compatible across revisions, you need not have the same
version as on the server.

> Wouldn't it be safer to use svn+ssh://svn.videolan.org/libdvbpsi/ ?? So
> that our passwords won't travel in clear text?

   Yes it would be safer. However that would require the creation of
Unix accounts on the server, and I do not want that. I will set up
SVN-SSL later.

> And how do we sent our passwords safe to you?? I mean not in clear text
> e-mail?

   You can PGP-encrypt it (my key's fingerprint is 1155 4B19 A50F 1136
6E60 A499 7CF3 F5AF 2949 9F61). But honestly it's not such a big deal.

--
Sam.