libdvdcss2 versus mpdvdkit

Luke R. Anderson BSc. (hons) luke at endorforestmoon.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 20:38:44 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed much as I cannot find any
archives of these postings, so apologies if I cover old ground :(.

I'd like to help debug what is preventing libdvdcss2 from cracking some
css keys, and hence playing the dvd (whereas, just for reference,
mplayer + mpdvdkit2 seems to play the DVD fine)

Is there a website where you can register specific DVDs which people are
experiencing problems with? I know that copy protection and other nasty
things can interfere with our ability to watch our DVDs, but it would be
good if there was some central reference.

Sorry If I've waffled, to the meat: (FUTURAMA_SEASON_4_DISC_3)

libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
Reading disc structure, please wait...
There are 12 titles on this DVD.
There are 6 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000130
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x000002a6
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0000e332
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x0027f941
*libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB
(0x0027f941)!!*
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB at 0x0027f987
*libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB
(0x0027f987)!!*
libdvdread: Elapsed time 4
libdvdread: Found 3 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 4