[libdvdcss-devel] CPPM/CPRM

Jan-willem De Bleser jw at thescrapyard.org
Tue Jan 26 17:43:32 CET 2010

Hi,

Is there any work being done here on adding cppm/cprm support to
libdvdcss for DVD Audio playback? I've heard that the SVN version of
VLC supports MLP (used in DVD Audio) as a file type, but what about
encrypted discs?

I'm asking because I've been working on porting libdvdcpxm to linux.
It's very similar in structure to libdvdcss so there's not much work
to be done, but it also wouldn't fit as is into libdvdread because it
requires both ioctls (for the disc key) and an on-disc file (the
master key block or something) to determine the decryption key. I've
been trying to decide whether to leave it as a separate library
copying the libdvdcss bits I need, or whether to try and patch it into
libdvdcss. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jw