[libdvdcss-devel] Faulty include path in libdvdcss.pc

Fabian Greffrath fabian at greffrath.com
Wed Jan 25 10:41:58 CET 2012

Hi all,

the pkg-config file for libdvdcss, which gets installed into e.g.
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libdvdcss.pc, contains the following line:

   Cflags: -I{includedir} -I${includedir}/libdvdcss

whereas the dvdcss.h header file gets actually installed into
/usr/include/dvdcss/ (i.e. dvdcss instead of libdvdcss).

This is due to the src/libdvdcss.pc.in file including the line

   Cflags: -I{includedir} -I${includedir}/@PACKAGE@

and @PACKAGE@ being set to "libdvdcss" in configure due to

   AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(libdvdcss, 1.2.11)

in configure.ac.

Apparently this has never caused any real breakage anywhere but would
be nice to have fixed anyway.

Best Regards,
Fabian Greffrath