[libdvdcss-devel] cache: use libxdg-basedir and save cache into XDG-compliant location.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 27 22:17:07 CET 2013

On 27 Feb 2013, at 08:26, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> On 27 Feb, Reimar Döffinger wrote :
>> The data in it can _not_ generally be restored, just try e.g. installing a new drive and dvdcss will stop working completely until the use manually configures a region.
> Shouldn't we fix that, btw?

How? I at least wouldn't want to be responsible for code that (semi-permanently) can "break" a user's device if there is a bug, if you mean by trying to set a region automatically.
If you meant that dvdcss should be working fine without setting the region: I have no test case for that.
Which also means it might actually work mostly fine even without setting a region, I just remember lots of trouble without it, but maybe that was just due to bugs in the key cracking code...