[libdvdcss-devel] Unscrambling ISO file - questions

jrvirwty jrvirwty at tormail.org
Mon Jul 15 19:36:00 CEST 2013

On 15.07.2013 18:09, jrvirwty wrote:
> 1)  This program is *SLOW* -- 4 hours or more to unscramble the 8 GB
>     Tropic Thunder ISO.  Is there any way to use the library more
>     intelligently to speed it up?
>
>     (Note that I do want to stick with a block-by-block approach,
>     avoiding the file system-level shenanigans that some copy
> protection
>     systems use.)

Aargh!  Forgot one question.

Is libdvdcss thread-safe?  I'd like to use multiple threads to speed up
unscrambling an ISO file.  I'm hoping that I can call dvdcss_open from
each thread (all on the same source file) and use the returned handles
independently.

Will this work?

Thanks!

(BTW, sorry about the binary MIME type on the last post.  Anyone know
how to get Tor Mail's "roundcube" web UI to use a text/plain type?)

--
Posting anonymously from the land of the DMCA, the MPAA, the RIAA, and
other A-holes