[libdvdcss-devel] Problem compiling libdvdcss on Illumos

lee allen leecallen35 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 14:55:51 CEST 2013

Compiling on SmartOS (Illumos).

This is using a fresh libdvdcss-1.2.13.tar.bz2.  After extracting the files
I have performed the steps:
./configure
autoreconf -i
make

(I had originally attempted to build the package using my platform's pkgsrc
tools, which failed with the same errors)

Configure says (excerpt):

checking sys/scsi/scsi_types.h, usability... no
checking sys/scsi/scsi_types.h, presence... no
checking for sys/scsi/scsi_types.h,... no
checking sys/scsi.h usability... no
checking sys/scsi.h presence... no
checking for sys/scsi.h... no

But the Solaris files are right where they should be:

/usr/include/sys/scsi/scsi_types.h
/usr/include/sys/scsi/scsi.h

The seemingly relevant parts of configure.ac are here...

  dnl
  dnl Solaris: sys/scsi/scsi_types.h, sys/scsi/impl/uscsi.h
  dnl
  solaris_uscsi=yes
  AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sys/scsi/scsi_types.h, sys/scsi/impl/uscsi.h], [],
    [solaris_uscsi=no; break;])
  AS_IF([test "$solaris_uscsi" = "yes"], [
    AC_DEFINE(SOLARIS_USCSI, 1, Have userspace SCSI headers.)
  ])

Here is where my skills/knowledge/aptitude run out.  If I comment out most
of the above checks, and leave the AC_DEFINE, I get a successful compile.
 I don't know the syntax of this file but I am guessing something is wrong
with it.

What needs to be done to check this properly?

Thank you.

--
*Lee Allen*
email: lee at leecallen.com