[libdvdcss-devel] Please implement the XDG basedir spec

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Aug 27 21:24:10 CEST 2014

        Hello,

Le mercredi 27 août 2014, 11:17:05 Diego Elio Pettenò a écrit :

> If you're referring to ~/.dvdcss I think we discussed that before and the
> problem was with considering it cache.

It *is* cached data. It is generated from the disc, and can *normally* be
fully regenerated. That is pretty much the definition of cache.

Of course, there are scenarii whereby regeneration may fail. That does not
make the data any less cached data. By the same line of thinking, it might be
impossible for my MUA to fetch an mail from IMAP again (because it got
archived), or for my web browser to retrieve a page (because it got deleted,
changed, or I lost access rights).

If someone wants to save their cache in their backup, or manually inserting
entries there, nobody prevents them from doing.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/